Wednesday, September 23, 2009

oh Audrey!

I'm a huge fan of classic movies, and one of my favorite (and probably the most timeless) actresses of all is 
Miss Audrey Hepburn.
her movies are always well written, and with her charm and grace she manages to really connect with her character, no matter what the role is.

Perhaps one of my favorite films from her is "Funny Face", starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire.
Hepburn plays Jo Stockton, an opinionated bookie turned model who is discovered by photographer Dick Avery (aptly played by Astaire). The movie is shot on location in Paris






It's the classic love story (which all us romantic saps adore)

PLUS...

there are some fabulous musical bits, that surprisingly are NOT cheesy. not one bit. 
my favorite number was "Think Pink!" 


anyway...classics never die, and this flick is definitely one for the books.  







2 comments:

  1. you know dang right!! because guuuuurl i'm classy...just like audrey! miss you bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's my all time favorite!

    I really liked Funny Face (fred astaire is also a fav of mine) but have to say I'm crazy about her in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete

the votes are in....